6.12.06

Independence Day

It has finally started to get a bit colder outside, temperature is around 0 Celsius and it's partly snowing and partly raining. So the streets are pretty much getting filled with sleet and it really makes one want to stay inside. Hopefully we'll have a white Christmas...

I've been reading rumors about the upcoming Nintendo Wii launch here in Finland. It is said that Wii has been so pre-ordered that the first arriving shipment and even the second one have been sold out already. Unless you have have pre-ordered your Wii you won't be getting it before February 2007 :<>>

It is Independence Day here in Finland and people are celebrating it as they see best. Personally I've been just cleaning my apartment, doing the dishes, chancing the sheets and so on. I do value this day and all the great people who have made it possible but don't really feel like doing anything special. Most people take it as a day off and spend it with their families eating well and watching the Independence Day ceremony from TV. Since I don't own a TV I won't be watching the ceremony. Anyways I can just read tomorrows paper and find out who had the most astonishing dress and who did this and who did that. Nowadays it feels like the ceremony has become more and more an event to show off and lost it's original meaning...

Next weekend I'm going to visit my little brother and he's girlfriend with my girlfriend. We'll go there by train and probably spend two nights hanging out and perhaps doing little partying... ;>
Next I have to call my mom to tell her my one Christmas present wish that I have forgotten and to tell her that we'll be celebrating New Year's Eve in Ylläs...

Oh, almost forgot! The new Bloc Party album rlz! ;>
/me np: Bloc Party - Hunting For Witches

No comments: